Russia Will Continue to Pose a Threat to NATO: Bauer
Russia will continue to pose a threat to NATO, even if its forces suffer defeat in Ukraine, said a senior military officer of the Western alliance, according to Voice of America.
“Regardless of the outcome of the war, Russia is likely to still have such ambitions, so the threat will not dissipate,” said NATO Military Committee Chairman Admiral Rob Bauer to reporters at the alliance's headquarters in Brussels.
Although the war has depleted Russian troops, equipment, and ammunition, NATO countries expect Moscow to try to recover and even strengthen its military capabilities, Bauer stated.
“The general opinion is that the Russians will restore what they had, that they will learn lessons from this conflict and attempt to improve what they possessed,” Bauer said. “So, this will likely affect our planning in the future,” he added.
Bauer emphasized that NATO needs time to assess how long it will take for Russia to recover and upgrade its forces.
Նմանատիպ հոդվածներ
Sharmazanov Responds to Lavrov's Statement
As previously reported by Auroranews, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov gave an extensive interview today, in which...
Human Rights Defender Kristine Grigoryan Submits Resignation
The Defender has submitted a resignation letter to the National Assembly due to changing jobs. Human Rights Defender Kri...
The Statement of November 9 Is Already Violated: Ruben Rubinyan
International pressure and attention on the issue of the closure of the Lachin Corridor is increasing, and we must conti...
Pashinyan Held a Phone Conversation with Putin
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan had a phone conversation with the President of the Russian Federation, Vladimir Putin. Du...