US Concerned About Situation in Nagorno-Karabakh: Statement
The United States is deeply concerned about the movement of Azerbaijani troops in Nagorno-Karabakh. According to Armenpress, this was stated by Deputy Spokesperson for the State Department Jalina Porter during a press briefing with reporters.
“The movement of troops and other actions that escalate tensions are irresponsible and unnecessary provocations,” Porter said, noting that the State Department is closely monitoring the situation on the line of contact since the ceasefire was declared in November 2020.
She stated that US Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs Karen Donfried has had phone conversations with the foreign ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan and reaffirmed what Secretary of State Antony Blinken previously told Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan and Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev: that both sides must exercise restraint and intensify diplomatic communications to find comprehensive solutions to all critical issues.
“Armenia and Azerbaijan simply need to use direct communication channels to immediately de-escalate the situation,” Porter noted. She also added that the United States, as a co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group, remains deeply committed to working with the parties for a lasting political resolution of the conflict.
Նմանատիպ հոդվածներ
Defense Army Denies Reports of Diversionary Actions by Armenian Side
The statement issued by the Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan regarding alleged diversionary actions by the units of the...
Tensions Continue in This Section of the Contact Line: Artsakh Information Headquarters
On March 26, following the incursion of Azerbaijani armed forces into the village of Parukh in the Askeran region, aggre...
Baku Announces When Gas Supply to Artsakh Will Resume
The Azerbaijani gas company, "Azerigaz," has issued a statement claiming that it has resolved the issue concerning the g...
Azerbaijan is Lying: Gas Supply in Artsakh Will Not Be Restored, Says Artsakhgas
Attention!!! On March 27, several Azerbaijani media outlets spread news that allegedly Azerbaijani "Azerigaz" had elimin...