The Brutality of Nine Years Ago and Beating Detainees with Batons is My Guilt, Says Former Prime Minister of Georgia
Former Prime Minister of Georgia, Vano Merabishvili, during an interview on the program "Main Highlights," discussed the brutal dispersal of a rally on May 26, 2011, and stated that the brutality exercised by special forces and the beating of detainees with batons is his fault. This was reported by "Georgia Online."
Merabishvili noted that the special forces were not well-trained and were unable to maintain control. "I could not train the special forces in a way that they could control themselves in crisis situations. It is not their fault; it is mine. I do not make excuses for myself. Those special forces had been serving in Tskhinvali positions a few weeks before and had become victims of attacks every three to four months. We did not have enough resources to have separate special forces that could operate independently during protests," said Merabishvili.
It is noteworthy that on the night of May 26, 2011, the special forces brutally dispersed a protest led by Nino Burjanadze (Burjanadze herself fled just minutes before the rally was broken up).
Նմանատիպ հոդվածներ
34 People Recover from Coronavirus in Armenia; 65 New Cases Confirmed
As of April 29, 65 new cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in Armenia. The total number of infected individuals has...
59 New Cases of Coronavirus Registered in Armenia: 18 Recovered, 1 Death
The National Center for Disease Control and Prevention of Armenia reports that as of April 28 at 11:00 AM, there have be...
134 New Coronavirus Cases Confirmed in Armenia, Total Infections Reach 2066
As of April 30, Armenia has confirmed 134 new cases of coronavirus. The total number of infected individuals has reached...
62 New Coronavirus Cases Registered, 1 Death and 15 Recovered
The number of COVID-19 cases in Armenia has increased by 62 over the last day, bringing the total to 1808. This informat...